Monday, September 10, 2007

google codesearch

In my boring lesson today at the university I have played around a little bit with google codesearch (www.google.com/codesearch). This engine searches phrases in open-source codes.
One of the queries I made is "f-ck the user"

One of the best hits for this is bonobo project in GNOME.
See the following comment:
/*
* Don't remove "/" or the user will have to recreate it. And
* we don't want the poor user to go to so much work. Because
* the user is our boss. We love the user. Everything for
* the user. Here I am, sacrificing my youth, my hands, and
* my very SOUL on the high-altar of this fucking USER I've
* never even fucking met! FUCK THE USER! FUCK HIM! What
* did he ever do for me?
*/

Well, sorry for disturbing the reader with such non-politically correct citations, but its funny for me.

No comments: