Saturday, September 27, 2008

Arrival

It's all about making a history. I was on the first flight ever which departed from Tel-Aviv and landed in Seoul, South Korea. Is this called an aviation pioneer?
Ceremony at the boarding gate in BenGurion airport. 200 people or more: ambassadors, ministry of transportation, all kind of representatives having speeches, drinking champagne and wine, eating cakes. I went approached the separated area slowly. Suddenly an official person asked me:
- What do you represent here?
Without hesitation I answered:
- I represent the passengers of the first flight to Seoul.
- OK, come in.
So I had a nice beginning.
Approaching Sydney's Kingsford Smith airport was a sightseeing tour. I saw the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House and another 20% of the central Sydney.
Jutka and Stanley waited for me at the airport about an hour or so, but finally got home with them. Instead of going to sleep we ate breakfast and then went for a walk with Chomsky, the cute dog.
We went to Dobroid Point which has a great view to Manly, its port, harbour- and ocean side beaches. The took a wonderful walk in Manly. Saw a handicraft market, nice downtown with nearby beaches. Photos to come.
Very tired now, but I should not go to sleep in order to solve the jetleg until tomorrow.
Jesse, my cousin took me out to one of the less known beaches of Sydney. We went over Neutral Bay and then left... ok, I don't remember the exact name of the place, but this was really nice. We talked a lot and ate calamer-n-chips in a kiosk.

2 comments:

Kata said...

Sokszor gondoltunk Rád, jó hogy hirt adtal. Jutka, Stanley koszonom, hogy hajnalban vartatok Petit.
mama

shimon said...

Hi Eitan

Good News :)
Good to know that you arrive to Sydney ,and met your family.
Have a Great tour .

Have Fun&Enjoy
Shimon Sant