Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hanging out

Yesterday I took the subway all the way down to the financial district. The first thing I saw was Century 21. I went in, which turned out to be a mistake. So cheap. On the other hand they don't even have fitting rooms. Strange. I left the zone of Century 21 quickly. I saw the are of the ground zero, and the memorial. I walked all around Wall street and other small streets of the neighborhood. Then I took the Staten Island Ferry from the terminal. Not that I had something to do on Staten Island, but it goes quite close to the statue of Liberty. So I saw it twice. I saw New York from a very special view from the sea. In the afternoon and evening I walked all over the streets of the village and Chelsea.
Today first thing in the morning I went up to Empire State Building. I was there at opening. So I didn't wait in any queue. Now I saw how big and tall actually New York is. The building itself is amazing as well.
Later on I walked around the east side of the Midtown. In the after noon I took a bus to the Jersey Gardens Outlet. This was quite a disappointment. It's a huge area of bullshit with a few good stuff inside. The thing is that in order to reach the good things you have to jump into all that other stuff. The reader can replace some words with others. I don't want to violate bolg regulations. So I ended up with 3 pairs of socks. That's the whole deal. In general I can say the the sellers in NY don't know even their own stuff. The mix real shit with valuable goods, and sometimes it seems that even they cannot differ between them. Then I returned to the hotel to search the Internet for some sports stuff. It pointed out some stores here in Manhattan which are supposed to sell those things. When I called them to ask if they have it they just said "Eh? What? Huh?". So it works. I hunted some strawberries from the deli, which I'm going to eat soon. Then I'll be heading out for dinner.
One more strange thing. New Yorkers don't wait for the green light when crossing a street. They just walk. Even when cars are coming they cross if there are enough cheeky people who cooperate for red light crossing. Sometimes a policeman stands in the middle, but it seems to me that he defenses the cars from the walkers more than the walkers from themselves.

2 comments:

Edihal said...

Pikcsörsz plíz?

Eitan said...

come on... you don't really mean that, do you?
So far I didn't take any pictures, and I'll try to keep it this way, although I know I'll give it up in the next few days.