Monday, September 25, 2017

Tbilisi

As I mentioned before I spent four days in Tbilisi with Rita. We rented an apartment in the town, where we stayed. We were touring the city partly together and partly I went on my own.
For one day I took a local guide, Svetlana, who is an expert on Tbilisi. She showed me interesting neighborhoods and places, which I could otherwise not discover on my own.

We were in a restaurant named "Old Walls". They server traditional Georgian cuisine. There was also a table with a choir of Georgian men, singing local folk songs.

 There is a good choice of wine:

And fantastic food:

With Svetlana, I went to an old Georgian house, which was renovated and reflects the 17th-century style of living.  To enter the Porakishvili House is free of charge, but you have to find the guy with the key.



Tbilisi houses:




The sulfur baths:



One of the synagogues of Tbilisi:


The Tbilisi History Museum, hosted in a building of a caravanserai:

The monument of the Armenian film director Sergei Parajanov:




Old and new Tbilisi:



Mama Georgia - wine in one hand and sword in the other. Depends on who's coming - will get her left or right.

Old houses are supported so they don't collapse. I personally wouldn't park there:

The secret Tbilisi. Entrances and staircases.


In Tbilisi used to live an ethnic German community. They were all deported to other Soviet states after the World War Two.


 A Cafe, where writers and philosophers gather:

Oh yeah:

Oh bird, oh bird...

Saint George is killing the dragon on Freedom Square:









Figures from the movie Mimino:

No comments: