Sunday, October 28, 2007

27/10, Tokyo

Today we went to a long walk in Ginza, Tokyo. Huge buildings, wide roads, strange traffic lights (for cars the lights are located one next to the other in a row). After quick breakfast at starbucks through the very small and authentic streets of the neighborhood we have found the famous Sony building. Inside the latest developments of the company are exhibited, and sold for unbelievable prices. Dancing robot, and similars.
Havy rain most of the day.
A car sprayed water from a puddle. I jumped aside. Well, on my right there was a pool of water of a building entrance. In the last second I succeeded to avoid the "accident" - keeping my balance. I almost landed there :)
After the below mentioned lunch (prev. post) we took the metro to Asakusa. Traditional market of candies and other local specialities. Bought. A lot :) . Very tasty.
We saw the Sinso-ji and the 5-store pagoda from outside only, but today we plan to come back there. The rain stopped until we came back to Ginza.

My first *real* sushi experience:
Well, dear reader, with all the respect, I must tell you that most probably you do not really know what sushi is. Or actually how it tastes. I do. :)~
The salmon and the tuna are SO fresh that it is hard to find the words to express. We could not see the rice, because they give so much fish that it covers it as is. This was around 2:30 am. Naturally the restaurant was open, and we were not the sole guests.
We ate really a lot. Then expected for an extremely high-sum check, but it did not come. We payed around 90 NIS each.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm happy to hear that you guys made it OK. Great to read about your daily adventures. Please try to keep writing every couple of days. I'm also glad you're enjoying the fish ;)

Shlomo Yona said...

I could almost taste the fresh fish from your description.... I am indeed envy of your culinary experience.

Keep on writing and have fun!!