Saturday, April 3, 2010

1st April, 2010, Tel-Aviv - Frankfurt - Madrid

Here come the update, this is my first opportunity to use Internet, so I owe 3 posts now.
In the morning I organized myself and the family, and drove down to the airport with our rented Skoda Favorit. Returned the car, sent the family home, and waited for Alla to come. She really came, and we took the Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt, where we changed and took another flight to Madrid. I was a little bit worried about the short commection, but it didn´t turne out to be a problem. In Barajas Terminal 1 we found the Europcar counter which was closed. Ehm... Ok, I thought that´s my first option to try my Spanish in produnction, so I asked the lady at Hertz who told me to take a transfer bus to terminal 4. So we did. ¨Unfortunately¨ they didn´t have any car from the economy class, so they gave us an beutiful, black Audi A3. The only problem was that I couldn´t start the engine. After about 5 minutes it tuned out that must kick down the clatch and then it starts. :) GPS worked as well, took us without any problems to the hotel which was quite neer the Airport. BTW the car stops the engine each time it doesn´t move, and is in neutral, and the clatch is not pressed. When I kick the clatch down it starts the engine. Haha! Great fun once you understand the concept.

3 comments:

Amir said...

Spanish keyboard gives you diëresis instead of double quotes :)

Eitan said...

haha! I saw it was a little different, but I didn´t pay much attention to it! thanks.

Unknown said...

Up to now I don't know, how did you guess about the clatch! In 5 minutes in the middle of the night.
I'm not sure that the lady in Europcar would help us with this problem :-)