Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Arrived to Amsterdam!

I made it! Wow, what a surprise eh? KLM took me from TLV to AMS this morning. Terrible flight, very few room for each passenger.
Really. For that price they could do better. I realized the following: when someone speaks dutch to me, I'm not sure if it's English, and I just happen not to understand that, or it's Dutch, which I supposed not to understand.
At Schipol I took the train to Amsterdam Centraal, and then the tram for another 3 stops. There I met Coby and Marina, who took me to the apartment at Prinsengracht which we rented.
The flat is in a ~200 year old building in a very central location. Statues in the lobby, and a famous garden inside.

View Larger Map

View Larger Map
Then I went out to meet Yuval, a friend of mine who lives here. We met in a cafe, had some talks, ate something. Then I headed to a store called Kaseland, and bought some Dutch cheese. On my way back home bought other stuff in the supermarket. At 6 will be waiting for my brother at the Centraal

No comments: