Tuesday, December 18, 2018

From Can Tho to Hanoi

After having spent three days in Can Tho I flew to Hanoi with a domestic flight of Vietnam Airlines. I tried a new way of transportation getting to the airport: I was taking a motorbike taxi. It's cheap and fast. Place for the bags or not a huge problem either. My big backpack travelled between the driver's legs, he was reaching the steering bars while hugging my backpack. I was sitting just behind him with my small backpack on. Can Tho airport is small but clean and well organized. I cleared the security with a bottle of water in the outer pocket of my backpack. This was not a problem. In Hanoi I took the bus to the city center and walked to the hotel, where Jeruen was waiting for me. In the afternoon we were exploring the old town and checked out the Heritage House. This is a typical old merchant house which is very well maintained and full of fine furniture.
The old town in Hanoi it's quite chaotic. Walking is a challenge, since the sidewalks are fully parked with motorbikes and chairs of merchants and restaurants to the point that it is not possible to walk it properly. So you have to walk on the road which is also full with motorbikes and cars. This video here demonstrates the edge of the problem. The video I filmed early morning in the off peak hours:

1 comment:

jean-gert said...

"[...]Walking is a challenge, since the sidewalks are fully parked with motorbikes and chairs of merchants and restaurants to the point that it is not possible to walk it properly. So you have to walk on the road which is also full with motorbikes and cars.[...]"

alora e come Napoli !