Saturday, April 28, 2012

After about

three hours of flight from Madrid (which tuned out to be the best flight so far of my trip) successfully made it to Copenhagen. Took my suitcase, bought a ticket for the train, and waited for the next train to Copenhagen-Central. The information on the track was kind of unclear to me, so just to be on the safe side I asked someone:
- Is this the train to Copenhagen-Central?
- Yes, it is, I hope so at least, hahahaaaa
So we hopped on the train. After about 15 minutes I started to smell something. We should have arrived already. Instead of a city I see sea around, then finally ground. The conductor comes.
- Excuse me, could you please tell me when are we getting to Copenhagen-Central?
- Oh, sir, I am afraid we are not going that way. Is this your first time in Sweden?
- Ehm, what? - I couldn't hide being surprised from the question. - Ehm... sorry, I didn't get it. Where are we now?
- Oh, we are in Sweden! Welcome to Sweden! If you need Copenhagen, then get off the next stop, and then take the train back to the opposite direction!
Honestly I've never thought to that to such a surprising question like "Where are we now?" I get such an unexpected answer.
So I got down, took the train back to Denmark.
What an experience! The train went on one of the most amazing bridges of the World:

The funny thing is that the bridge doesn't get quite to the ground, it terminates some kilometers before, in the sea.
Yeah, it seems weird. But no worries, it continues in a tunnel to the ground.

In Copenhagen I found the apartment easily. It's in a very trendy neighborhood, about 15 minutes walk from the central station. Huge flat, with huge rooms in it. The only disadvantage I can see is that it has only one shower.

2 comments:

Amir said...

Only one shower? What kind of a problem is that?

Eitan said...

haha, correct. it's not a problem here. there is even a trend in Scandinavia having two showers in the same bathroom.