Saturday, November 10, 2007

10/11 - Tokyo

I came back to Tokyo today. I've hardly found the hostel I stay, but finally I found my way with the 15 kg backpack in the pouring rain. Then I made laundry, the dryer took about two hours to partly dry my stuff. Anyway.
During a long walk in Ginza I finally discovered that Tokyo is a really expensive city. (Well, so is Tel-Aviv, but Ginza is considered as an extra)
This is a real youth hostel, people meet here from all over the world. I've met some good people from Britain; one from Scotland (Alain), and two from England (Simon and the other guy's name I don't remember).
We went to eat some food in the evening, then we bought beers, and came back to the hostel to drink and eat. This was tempered by occasional political, religious, and CS related academic discussions. We had fun, I won in pool game (!). The table was not balanced, so the game was more like a gravity-ball. The balls moved by themselves on the table. Miracle, they really have their own life.
Tomorrow we all hope for a better weather.
The forecast says: "clear / showers". WTF? Clean OR showers? Eh? Uh? Which one? We can't have both in the very same time! Anyway. Yep, forecasts...
Bed time now - I think. Especially after 3 beers. :)

No comments: