Monday, November 12, 2007

12/11 - Tokyo

Today in the morning hours I finally understood that in order to get around in Tokyo, I can use the JR lines, besides the subway. A ride from Ueno station to Shinjuku took around 25 minutes. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that it is free, thanks to my JR Pass. Shinjuku is a very famous and crowded neighborhood of Tokyo. It has two parts: east and west. The east part is more like a downtown for young people, many restaurants, pubs, clubs and amusement. The western part of Shinjuku is a most modern business district, with lots of skyscrapers. There I entered an Italian restaurant, where I ate buffet-style pizza, pasta, salads, and other tasty stuff. They tried to speak to me Italian, however I disappointed them when I answered in English.
After Shinjuku I went back to Tokyo Station area, where I explored Hybia Park, and surroundings.
I entered some department stores hoping to find some man-wear stuff. However ALL what they had were suits and socks.
Today I enjoyed the sunshine very much. However I payed attention to the fact that I was almost the only person in the city with a short T-shirt.
Tomorrow I'll try to wake up early to go and see the Tsujiki morning fish market. I supposed to be there at 6am. Well... let's hope.

2 comments:

shimon said...

Hi Eitan ,
I am back , and its nice to speak with family and friends about japan and our wonderful tour .
I am happy to read your stories .
Have fun and continue to Enjoy in Japan.

Simon

Eitan said...

thanks! I do.