Friday, April 10, 2009

10th April, Madrid

After the secretary from the Cameri theater rang me up at 8am asking if I want to make a permanent ticket, and I was unable to answer her question I wake up, and went out to the streets of Madrid. The first attempt to begin my day ended up with my almost immediate return to the hostel to take my umbrella. The second attempt took some more time, after about 10 minutes I returned to take my sweater. The third one was most successfull. I went all the way up from Puerto del Sol and made my way to the direction of the Palacio Real de Madrid. This is the The Royal Palace of Madrid . Queuing 1 hour was worth it, dozens of rooms of the royal family are open to the public. They are richly decorated by many artists such as Goya and Gasparini. I liked very much the room for Sunday breakfasts of Carlos III., the Gala evening room with a huge table with many chairs, the outstanding collection of armour in the Royal Armoury displaying arms and armour that belonged to kings of Spain and other members of the Royal Family, from the 13th century onwards. Then I went to eat something. One of the strange habbits of the spanish is that they eat while standing. Everybody drinks beer, and eat tapas, jamón. Museo Del Jamón is a chain of restaurants. Amazingly crowded, extremely tasty. This is the real taste of the city. Eat what they eat, drink what they drink. So did I. Afternoon I went to the Atocha station and purchased my ticket to Barcelona for the 12th. Went back to the hostel touching wonderful places. All buildings are in excellent condition. In the evening I went to see a flamenco show in a theater. That was fantastic. About 50 minutes of pure beat, music and amazing dance. 4 girls and 2 boys were dancing. 3 musiciants made the music: Guitar, violett, drums, and one singer. It was really fantastic. After the flamenco show I did my traditional restaurant-hunt. It turnes out that in the best restaurants they can have those stupid colorful crazy gambling machines at the entrance. But once you go inside you can get the best salmon fish on the planet Earth. I know people who evaluate a city by its restaurants. I also know others who evaluate restaurants by the salmon they prepare :-) . This chioce was the winner. Some pictures of today.

standing and eating


Her Majesty, Great Salmon The 1st. /aka The Tasty/ (21:50, 10th April, 2009 - 22:05, 10th April, 2009)



Museo Del Jamón

each and every street is marked beside its name with a relevant painting



Home, sweet home. Palacio Real de Madrid.


Ate some of these...
social workers trying to convince a homeless woman to come with them to a hostel

No comments: