Wednesday, April 15, 2009

15 April 2009, Barcelona

After yesterday´s pub it was a complex decision to wake up at 9, but I managed it. At 10 I was already in the Guell Park, the most marvelous park I´ve ever toured. Gaudi´s house is also there, which was designed by himself. Pictures talk more than words.
I also visited today the Museum of Catalonian Art. The permanent and temporary exhibitions include Baroc, collections, Modern Art with some masterpieces of Picasso, and a photo exhibition from the period of the Spanish civil war.
For lunch I went back to the market, where the best food is. I ate seafood, of course; I hardly touch meat, because the seafood is so good and so fresh that it somehow always wins.
In the afternoon hours I visited the Casa Batllo. This building is one of Gaudi´s masterpieces, a legend of art. The guided tour, which costs a fortune (16.50 Euro!), took me over a discovery tour inside the brain of one of the genius architects of all times. See pictures!










2 comments:

Edihal said...

Looks like someone had major fun! :-) Good for you for letting it be good for you. It was so nice to see you! And the chocolate is great, not to talk about the cheese. You should come around more often.

Eitan said...

sure dear, I also had a great time, enjoyed seeing you, hope to meet you sometime in Tel Aviv or any other place on this planet!