Monday, April 13, 2009

13 April, 2009, Barcelona

In the morning hours...oh...I was sleeping :-)

Around 11 I left the hostel and explored the Gothic quarter of the city. The amazingly narrow streets, lead me to very interesting places. The city was conqered many times during its history. This time by the German tourists. I visited the Placa Reial, the big Catedral - Casa de L´arcadia, and an ancient synagouge. Wonderful plazas are untouchable, and many of them are closed to veichles traffic. I made my way down to the seashore promedare, which is full of excellent fish and seafood restaurants. They are quite expensive. Finally I found a cheaper one. There I ate the best paella. A pan of rice with excellent souce with some fish and seafood baked in it. Real joy for the tounge. Beatuiful, sunny weather today :-). I saw the Arc de Triomf, the Ciutadella, and finally ended up in the Museum of Picasso. This museum is dedicated only to Picasso´s works who lived in Barcelona for some years.
A picture is hanging on the wall over my monitor in the internet cafe, the guy on it has four eyes. I think I´ll move to another computer... But this has nothing to do with Picasso.
Done. Much better.
Now heading for some tapas bar dinner.
Barcelona is great! Just the spellchecker doesn´t work here. I mean it does, for Spanish. 95% of the words in this post are disspelled! hehe. Picures:

La Rambla, next to the hostel



Kind of breakfast

Old city



Next to the seashore



port and restaurants

a typical starter

this is paella

sand-art

No comments: