Tuesday, April 14, 2009

14 April 2009, Barcelona

I began my day with the huge church of Sagrada Famila. This impressive architectural creature´s building began in 1884 by Gaudi, and is still far from its end. I was queuing up for about an hour, and then got up with the elevator to one of the towers of the temple. In the basement all the miniatures of the plans are exhibited. Those towers are by the way appx 170 meter high.
Then unfortunately I found the main street of shopping. That terrible mistake cost me a fortune. But money was spent for the best things, believe me! I explained myself that anyway I´d have to buy something for the summer... So I did it here.
In the afternoon I expored the market of La Rambla. Colorful, tasty stuff. Ate some fruits, and some grilled squids.
In the evening I went to España square were I found amazing view on the city by sunset. Tomorrow I´ll have a busy day, it´s my last whole day here. Enjoy some pictures of today, another beautiful, sunny day in Barcelona.

tapas!

sagrada familia



one of Gaudi´s creatures

market!



my squid, just a moment after removing it from the grill

Plaza España



No comments: