Monday, September 25, 2017

Mtskheta and the Jvari Monastery

The last four days of my trip I spent in Tbilisi with Rita.
We had a driver for one day, who took us not only within Tbilisi to places, but also outside of the city to the Jvari Monastery and the town on Mtskheta.

The view from the Jvari Monastery on Mtskheta:


Jvari Monastery:


Mtskheta, Svetitskhoveli Cathedral:


Hello:


I wonder if you've noticed, but one of the heroes of Georgia and of this part of my blog is the King Erekle the Second aka Heraclius II, the king of Kakheti, the great monarch of the unified Georgia... without him, I probably couldn't write these lines today. He's a strong brand, sells really well. He's everywhere. Statues, paintings, legends, and stories about how he unified the country, how he defended it against the Persians, etc... He is the one resting here under this stone:


No comments: