Monday, September 25, 2017

Stepansminda and the Gergeti Church

Mari's place is a really cool guesthouse. It has a nice garden, which is a common space for all guests. The four small ducks are going there from place to place always forming a group. They are super cute. The breakfasts at Mari's place are great and cheap. Ten lari for a breakfast and fifteen for a dinner is a good price. The food is varied and delicious. I was looking over her shoulder while she was cooking to catch some Georgian recipes.
But of course, the highlight is hiking up to the Gergeti Church. It took me two hours, or even two and a half, but it's a very satisfying experience. I recommend this small challenge instead of taking those marshrutkas up, on the dusty road.







I also took a lazy day, reading my book, doing laundry and of course learning some recipes:


No comments: