Sunday, October 12, 2008

12/10, Melbourne

In the morning I went to the handicraft market on the Yarra river next to the Hamer-Hall. Nice stuff, but nothing really special. I crossed the river next to the aquarium, which is the biggest one in Australia. (not including the Great Barrier Reef :)
I the liked very much the walking fish which has 4 legs and she walks on the bottom of the sea and the transparent fish of which I could see the bones inside because its transparent. Really funny creatures.
Then I made the brilliant conclusion: let's eat some fish!
So I jumped on the circle line tram which took me quite close to the Queen Victoria Market. A very authentic market which has a huge hall of meat, fish and seafood, and an open air part in which souvenirs, cloths, and veggies are sold. I bought Tasmanian Smoked Salmon with some bread and I ate the delicates on a nearby bench.
I am now in a St. Kilda internet cafe, well no coffee here just Internet, but it's enough.
Some pictures of Melbourne:









No comments: