Saturday, October 18, 2008

18/10, Seoul

I landed in Seoul after a 11 hours flight from Sydney around 6am, but look, who is complaining. It was a bit difficult to find the backpacker, but finally it turned out that it is located in a very central location in the city. I got a clean ensuite room on the 6th floor. I went to explore the city. I did 2 markets (Namdaemum and another one), had an excellent korean style lunch with kimchi and grilled beefsteak. The grill was built in the table itself.
Afternoon I went to the area of the CheonggyeCheon stream which became one of the attractions of Seoul in the last years. Very nice walkways on the banks, and lots of people relaxing and having a Saturday afternoon walk with the families. The city is a bit like Tokyo (oh, now you know :-) , with one difference: it is on the planet Earth (I consider Tokyo as another planet :-). Very clean, well developed, many unidentified objects [ fish, seafood and bizarre stuff] swimming in all kind of sauces in the market.
As to the irregular names of the places - do not try to pronounce them, call them A or B, I've just looked them up from the map.

2 comments:

shimon said...

A bit like Tokyo , great
Is there a good sushi?

Shimon

Eitan said...

No sushi in the World like in Tomi shushi bar in Kyoto!