Friday, October 3, 2008

3/10 - Alice Springs

After an early wakeup Jutka and Stan dropped me at the airport from where I came over with a 3-hour flight to Alice Springs. Very little airport of a small town in the middle of nowhere. The timezone difference between Sydney and The Alice is 30 minutes. Cute, isn't it? Never saw such a thing. The backpacker picked me up from the airport. I saw the Museum of Central Australia the geological exhibition in which meteor parts were shown and the creation of the craters was explained. I saw the aviation museum just nearby where Kingsford Smith, his achievements and his rescue in the 'Coffee Royal' incident were explained and documented. The aboriginal influenced Australian art exhibition "Ocean to Outback" was very much impressive and I saw an aboriginal art gallery as well. I saw those paintings and sculptures and just couldn't leave the museum until I was forced to :). Unfortunately they closed at 4pm. Hot, but beautiful here. Beers and talks in the evening with all the tourists in the backpacker was also fun.

No comments: