Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baltimore, DC, New York

Finally posting. Yesterday Mark, Alina, Yonatan and myself visited the Baltimore Aquarium. This is one of the biggest aquariums of the World. Excellent dolphin show, big sharks, and many other funny creatures. The exhibition of the jelly fishes was the most interesting. We walked all around the inner harbor of Baltimore, ate sushi creating some ecological imbalance in the sea.
Today Alina helped me in some shopping, I bought two shirts, and I finally know what is my size! I am however still completely unable to buy jeans or dockers, I am a complete misfit. Alina dropped me at a bus station in Reston. The bus took me to Falls Church where I took the metro to DC. In DC dropped my backpack in a locker, and went for a walk next to the Capitol Hill. Then I saw the Postal Museum, which was the closest museum to Union station. This was very interesting. Another non-boring museum, you know, one of those few. It introduced the history of the US Post and mail services. A very special point of view on the American history.
At 4 I took the Amtrak to New York Penn Station, where Gabor picked me up, and we went to the 42nd Street tower bar, up on the 48th floor. This is a restaurant which turns around in 360 degrees in one hour. So we saw Manhattan at night all around. On the napkins there was the map of the important buildings on the view illustrated, so we could identify most of them. Too late now for pictures. But they'll come.

2 comments:

Edihal said...

Good thing you ate that shark in your sushi before it ate you...

Eitan said...

so if the sark eats me it eats actually another shark as well. although a shark can never eat itself this way because if I once ate it then it cannot eat me any more I think. but maybe it's just too late. ;-)