Friday, September 25, 2009

Washington square

It's the second evening when when I put the final chord on my day with some guitar music. All kind of spontaneous players sitting all around the square with the big marble arch on the side and an illuminated fountain in the middle. People just start playing something and then others come to join them for singing, drumming or playing another guitar. Others just walk by, and stay for one song or two. While playing and singing it's really hard to think about that the square once served for public executions. [for clarity: I didn't play. I just sat there and enjoyed how others played.]
Today I explored Queens with a friend of mine who lives there. He took me to Kew Gardens, Jamaica Hills and many other neighborhoods of Queens where the Jews rule. In some places there is a majority of Jewish shops, restaurants and residents. Then came back, ate a huge lobster on 6th avenue, and hung out in the village in some bars with live music. This is to compensate the kosher part of the day ;-)
Tomorrow I'll be off to Mark and Alina in Reston, VA for the weekend. Keep tuned!

2 comments:

Edihal said...

Ok dear, have a great weekend!

Eitan said...

you too, darling ;-)