Saturday, September 26, 2009

Washington DC and Reston

On Friday morning I checked out really early from the hostel on 11th street in New York. I walked in the chilly morning to 4th West subway station with my backpack and trolley. It was still dark, late night pub visitors were spread out making their way home. I took the A train to Penn Station 34th street and took a train at 7:17 to Washington DC. The ride took three and a half hours, well, this is the disadvantage of the cheapest ticket. We run over Philadelphia and Baltimore before arriving to DC. DC's Union station is one of the most wonderful stations I have seen.



As you can see I began taking shots. I met Mark and Alina who picked me up at the station. We went to a walk in DC parks. We saw the monument of the second world war, and climbed up to George Washington Memorial.




Today we have visited the Air and Space museum. There are actually two of these. One in DC itself and the other is next to Washington Dulles airport. We went to the second one where the Enterprise space shuttle is exhibited. I sat in a simulator which simulates the Enterprise liftoff and landing. That was amazing. Now heavy rain outside, and the evening is yet to come!



No comments: